In 1948 the business moved to its present location on Main Street, a large Colonial home (see photo) built in 1905 by a dentist, Dr. Reid, who operated his practice out of the home. Prior to the funeral home locating in this building, it was purchased by a local attorney, Mr. Morgan, who eventually configured the home into a 6-unit apartment building named "The Columns".
Upon purchasing the building, "S. J." made alterations to suit his purposes, leaving 3 apartments upstairs, which he continued to rent out. He and his wife, Diora, occupied the remaining downstairs apartment as their home and used the rest of the downstairs area for the business. He later added a large display room onto the rear of the house which had garage space underneath it.
During the 1950's, Mr. Howard Hawkins became associated with the firm as a full partner and the name was changed to Westmoreland-Hawkins Funeral Service.
Mr. Westmoreland moved to the Glenwood Community in the 1960's to a home he built on the old Westmoreland property, the site of the family's dairy farm which was begun in the early 1900's. His dwelling at the funeral home was converted into a makeshift chapel and viewing rooms.